In Spring 2013, Eden in Season in collaboration with the garden’s major partners have conceptualized this garden plan:
We now have small demonstration areas established with consideration for the following:
- herbs, sensory plants
- native plants
- annual vegetables
- perennial vegetables
We will implement educational workshops throughout the year to enable users a chance to explore the garden of possibilities.
- Infrastructure: bench seating in pergola for creating additional seats for outdoor classroom, bulletin board, picnic table, garbage/recycling, rain barrels, compost
- school has outdoor water access, while garage roof can also be retrofitted to capture excess rainwater
- school board owns chain-link fence and pergola (outdoor classroom)
- as there is a board anaphylaxis policy, we have made a decision no nut trees will be planted
- a number of parents currently maintain the school’s front entrance garden, planted with perennial flowers and natives, with potential for collaboration
What would you like to see in the garden?
- outdoor classroom seating and writing board