The north half of the north school yard (used by Grade 7 and 8 students) is being dedicated for the Garden. The school’s chain-link fence defines the property line with the public library, and the Beaver Valley Outreach (BVO) Preschool is across the school-owned laneway. As such, this parcel benefits from the high visibility and community activity of these frequented spaces.
Existing infrastructure within this parcel:
- remnants of former baseball field
- existing annual vegetable garden plot is overtaken by weeds since summer vacation
- pergola constructed in recent years with intention for an outdoor classroom
- garage can be utilized for equipment storage
- area is otherwise underutilized by students for recreation